The Real Time Canine II

After spending 2 years writing the Real Time Canine, the adventure continues with The Real Time Canine II. Read along as I look for just the right puppy to continue the experience. After false starts with Tim and Jed, I am currently training young Tam, and Spot, which are both off to a strong start. Please visit the RTC II to read about training sessions as they occur.

Saturday, January 31, 2009

The Real Time Canine & The ASPCA

During the month of February, for every subscription to The Real Time Canine that I receive, I will donate to The American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals. I have chosen the ASPCA because of their tremendous efforts on behalf of animals and beacause horses were their first mission and my first love.

It is my sincere hope that The Real Time Canine benefits subscribers by providing effective tools that help you raise a good dog. By donating money to the ASPCA, I'm hoping to expand those benefits to all animals. I have set a modest goal of $500 and will donate $3 for a 1 year subscription, $2 for 6 months, and $1 for a 3 month subscription.

The ASPCA’s mission, as stated by Henry Bergh in 1866, is “to provide effective means for the prevention of cruelty to animals throughout the United States.” The ASPCA was the first humane society established in North America, and today is one of the largetst in the world. The organization provides useful services to animals including a round-the-clock poison control center, Bergh Animal Hospital, named for the founder, disaster preparedness, and much more. Click here to read their stand on puppy mills and view an interesting timeline.

I look forward to having you join us each week with The Real Time Canine. If you prefer, please visit the ASPCA website and make a donation to them directly, with my thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment