The Real Time Canine II

After spending 2 years writing the Real Time Canine, the adventure continues with The Real Time Canine II. Read along as I look for just the right puppy to continue the experience. After false starts with Tim and Jed, I am currently training young Tam, and Spot, which are both off to a strong start. Please visit the RTC II to read about training sessions as they occur.

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Virtual adoption

When this 3 year old pug named Joe was found, his right front paw was dangling and vets determined he had been left to suffer that way for 2 to 3 weeks. The ASPCA vets amputated and suspect cruelty as the cause. At the Bergh Animal Hospital, Joe experiences phantom leg pain and cries for no apparent reason. He is being treated for neurological problems as well as hip dysplasia. This little guy has some major issues.

Via the ASPCA website, you can sponsor Joe or another of the animals highlighted there under their sponsorship program. They ask for a one-time donation, or you can sign up for the Guardian Program by committing a monthly donation of any amount you choose. The ASPCA treats sick and injured animals, they save lives, investigate cruelty, and they promote adoption extensively. That is an agenda that I can live with and I donate $5 from each 6 month subscription received for The Real Time Canine. I find them to be a worthy cause and am more than happy to help. I sincerely hope you will too.

2 comments:

  1. AnonymousJuly 09, 2009

    I have read that the ASPCA focuses on animals in the NY Metro area (state?) exclusively and despite the name they are not a "national" organization. Do you know if this is true? I would love to know if I can donate to the ASPCA (they have a great reputation) & know that it might help animals down here in FL somehow. There is so much animal suffering everywhere it is so hard to know how to help most effectively.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is hard to know where to help, I agree. The ASPCA does provide services nationally. http://www.aspca.org/pressroom/press-releases/070809-1.html Follow this link to see how they're assisting in Missouri regarding the most recent dog-fighting ring to be discovered. Thank you for your question and I hope you will help, with my thanks.

    ReplyDelete