The Real Time Canine II

After spending 2 years writing the Real Time Canine, the adventure continues with The Real Time Canine II. Read along as I look for just the right puppy to continue the experience. After false starts with Tim and Jed, I am currently training young Tam, and Spot, which are both off to a strong start. Please visit the RTC II to read about training sessions as they occur.

Friday, September 4, 2009

Chris & The Colors of Hope

Today I am launching my review of the L'Oréal Colors of Hope costmetics collection, so please visit my Review Blog and read my impressions. With every purchase of the cosmetics bag, L'Oréal Paris will donate $5 to the Ovarian Cancer Research Fund, so we can help each other by fighting this insideous disease, and look gorgeous doing it.

Ovarian cancer is the leading cause of death from gynecologic cancers in the US, and is the 5th leading cause of cancer death among women. It is estimated that over 20,000 women will be diagnosed with ovarian cancer in 2010, and more than half will die as a result. September is ovarian cancer awareness month and there's no time like the present to become involved and help find a cure.
This is my best friend, Chris, and it is to her that I dedicate this post and my review. She died from the disease when she was just 52 years old, in January of 2008. Chris left behind 2 daughters, Tara and Stephanie, her mother and father, Marge and Craig, her sister and brother, Dawn and Norman, many loving friends and me.

We met in Junior High School and were all but inseparable for many years after. Life pulled us apart as we became responsible adults, but it was as if no time had passed at all whenever we connected. It is her raucus laughter that lingers with me. She was my best friend for more than 40 years, and I am forever changed without her presence in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment