The Real Time Canine II

After spending 2 years writing the Real Time Canine, the adventure continues with The Real Time Canine II. Read along as I look for just the right puppy to continue the experience. After false starts with Tim and Jed, I am currently training young Tam, and Spot, which are both off to a strong start. Please visit the RTC II to read about training sessions as they occur.

Monday, October 18, 2010

2011 National Finals Limited Edition




 

This is an amazing photo, if I do say so myself. I took it. Of course, when you are in the heart of our majestic Rocky Mountains, surrounded by spectacular beauty, stunning vistas, and nature's glory, it's pretty hard to go wrong. Truly talented photographers can make the mundane riveting. I just got lucky, and I know that absolutely. Hell, it wasn't even my camera.

In 2009 I had the great pleasure of traveling to The Strang Ranch in Carbondale, Colorado to judge their first-ever sheepdog trial. It was a run-up to the 2011 USBCHA National Finals, which they are hosting next September. The trial sheep had been left to graze most of the day, and Bridget, with good dog Rosie, is shown in the photo preparing to move them. We had been taking commenorative photogs of the inagural event as we made preparations, so Bridget's camera was nearby. I was standing by a shed row barn and some sorting pens when I looked up and was stunned by what I saw. With 13,000 foot Mt. Sopis towering in the background, and the Sound of Music soaring in my head, I grabbed the camera, and here we are. The 2011 Finals Committe decided to use my photo for their artwork. Isn't that funny?

This committee is very clever. They are spending a great deal of time and effort coming up with ways to make our finals the very best it can be. To provide the best showcase possible, they are doggedly fund raising for the event, for us, for the dogs. For $100 each, this photograph is being offered as a signed, and numbered limited edition of 100 prints on stretched canvas, finished size 16"x20" and gallery wrapped. Mine is #3/100, and I can tell you that it looks like an oil painting. Once framed, it is going to a prominent place in my home, replacing a much-cherished, antique, original rodeo photograph  from the 30s. I like it so much that Mabel Strickland steer roping at Pendleton is being moved to a lesser spot.

If you are already qualified to run at the finals, planning on running at the finals, have ever run at a finals, know someone who has, or will, or might, if you own a sheepdog, a Border Collie dog, own any dog or know someone who does, if you enjoy watching sheepdogs work, or have never seen one, but think you might, or if you can spell or say the word sheepdog, you will love this print. Please make your purchase and support the 2011 National Finals, and the American Working Sheepdog in all its glory.

Please make checks payable to: Strang Ranch National Sheepdog Finals, LLC
and mail to: P. O. Box 302, Meeker, CO  81641

Or you may order online at http://www.sheepdogfinals.com/

With our thanks, and sincere appreciation.

No comments:

Post a Comment