The Real Time Canine II

After spending 2 years writing the Real Time Canine, the adventure continues with The Real Time Canine II. Read along as I look for just the right puppy to continue the experience. After false starts with Tim and Jed, I am currently training young Tam, and Spot, which are both off to a strong start. Please visit the RTC II to read about training sessions as they occur.

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Swiss gifts

As a result of my post regarding Karin Mattson's wildly successful turn at the World Trial, (click here to read it) I received an email response from Katharina Favre, who tells that she is a German living in Switzerland who had some communication with Karin regarding a puppy. Together with informing me a bit about Karin, Katharina sent me these stunning pictures of her Swiss mountain farm, and her permission to post them here. The email opened like a Christmas present when I saw these gorgeous photos of her home. I live in a flat, arid, desert region where we're lucky if we get 7 inches of rain a year. I think the average is more like 3 to 5, and I forget that our amazing dogs work and are useful in all different locales, climates and topography. Notice how far the trees in the bigger photo are leaning into the hill. And how nice is it that my simple post drew an international response, with gifts?! Technology is just grand and I love the sheepdog exchange with hands from around the world because it broadens my appreciation of the dogs as much as anything I've experienced with them. To see the dogs gathering through the bracken on a Welsh mountain farm, pasturing 800 hundred ewes and lambs in a flat, Wyoming alfalfa field, running out across a steep brae high on the hill in Scotland, bringing the roping steers up an alley in Winnemucca, Nevada or tending 300 head of boar cross goats in the gnarly chapparral of my own backyard all make me wonder how much they're capable of that I haven't discovered yet. Thanks so much to Katharina for sending me these photo-gems. I hope you are as captivated by them as I am. Also, for educating me on Karin, who, she infomed me, has a website. Please click here to visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment