The Real Time Canine II

After spending 2 years writing the Real Time Canine, the adventure continues with The Real Time Canine II. Read along as I look for just the right puppy to continue the experience. After false starts with Tim and Jed, I am currently training young Tam, and Spot, which are both off to a strong start. Please visit the RTC II to read about training sessions as they occur.

Friday, October 17, 2008

Kensmuir Star

Photo credit Mary Sullivan?
With no youngsters in my kennel since Kep and Moe, I thought it a good idea to add one. OK, well maybe not such a good idea as much as an inevitability and about time.
This is Kensmuir Star, bred by Bill Gary and Mary Sullivan of River Falls, Wisconsin, hosts of the ever-popular and sometimes deliciously controversial Working Stockdog Forum.
Star is shown here with his father, Roy, that as an own son of Julie Simpson's ##Moss, satisfies my penchant for black type up close in a pedigree. His mother (sorry no pics) is Mary's Imp. Bliss, off Derek Scrimgeour's Ben. Bliss is same-way bred as Scrimgeour's Bob, which satisfies my other penchant for pure talent.
Yes, puppies may be a "pig in a poke", but I believe you have to at least start by breeding the best to the best, which is what I think Bill and Mary have done. Will keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment