The Real Time Canine II

After spending 2 years writing the Real Time Canine, the adventure continues with The Real Time Canine II. Read along as I look for just the right puppy to continue the experience. After false starts with Tim and Jed, I am currently training young Tam, and Spot, which are both off to a strong start. Please visit the RTC II to read about training sessions as they occur.

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Thanks Kathy

Kathy Flynn is a subscriber to The Real Time Canine, and she sent me this photo/joke today. As I sit here with the rain pouring down outside and way too much time on my hands, I thought I'd post it for your enjoyment.

She also sent me this quote from Gordon McKinlay, who was a mentor to Clinton Anderson, The Down Under Horseman.

"You cannot force your will on a horse; you have to get their trust first. When you get wild with a horse, it is because you've run out of knowledge. You are the teacher, but in order to teach, you have to have more knowledge than the horse--and therein lies the problem."

Substitute the word "horse" for "dog" and it's just as true.

Thank you Kathy.

No comments:

Post a Comment