The Real Time Canine II

After spending 2 years writing the Real Time Canine, the adventure continues with The Real Time Canine II. Read along as I look for just the right puppy to continue the experience. After false starts with Tim and Jed, I am currently training young Tam, and Spot, which are both off to a strong start. Please visit the RTC II to read about training sessions as they occur.

Sunday, September 13, 2009

BorderSmith Mashup

I have so much news to report today, I don't know where to start. Birthdays are a pretty big deal, so I'll start there. Little Star man turns 1 year old today and what a brilliant youngster he has grown into. Fully trained to nursery level, he just needs a little polish and practice to become the big dog I expect him to be. I started him at 7 months or so of age, and with one minor hiccup, he just continuted to grow from that point on.

To read about his training adventures, please visit The Real Time Canine blog and have a look around. A little owly, but oh-so-smart, Star has been a pleasure to train and handle to this point and I have entered him in a local nursery trial at year end. We have lots of time between now and then, and I have high hopes for him. Happy birthday little Star man. Best wishes for many more.

This photo was taken on Hendre Owen Farm in South Wales at the home of my good friends Richard and Lisa Millichap. A son of my Lad, that is Dewi Tweed on the left and my Taddymoor Mirk on the right. As of this very day, Dewi Tweed is the 2009 International Supreme Champion, trained and handled by my good friend, Richard Millichap. Am I happy for Rich and his family? After flipping on my computer first thing this morning, going to the
International Sheepdog Society website and reading the results...I cried.

This is Lad, father of Dewi Tweed. Isn't he handsome? I imported him in 2007 to trial and breed. It was not to be. After a limited trialing career with me, he sustained a career-ending injury and I retired him.
He makes his living now on a dairy in a small town on California's central coast. Jim, his 15 year old daughter, Timber and I could not be more proud of him. He was a once-in-a-lifetime dog when I had him, and is even more so now. That'll do Laddie.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to Star!!

    Congrats to Richard and Tweed!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kathy. A big day at BorderSmith!

    ReplyDelete