The Real Time Canine II

After spending 2 years writing the Real Time Canine, the adventure continues with The Real Time Canine II. Read along as I look for just the right puppy to continue the experience. After false starts with Tim and Jed, I am currently training young Tam, and Spot, which are both off to a strong start. Please visit the RTC II to read about training sessions as they occur.

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Operation Sheepdog

This is Kate and Tam, 2 talented working Border Collie sheepdogs owned and handled by my friend, Stephanie Summers. Recently Stephanie asked my to review a product from her online sheepdog supply store,
Operation Sheepdog Herding. I was happy to do so, and tickled to be able to introduce you to the newest and best outlet for all your sheepdog supplies.

Her webstore is a natural extension of Stephanie's love for all things stockdog and the lifestyle that surrounds it. That love is reflected in the obvious professionalism of the webstore and the care and attention she gives to each order received. Buying a product from
Operation Sheepdog Herding is smooth and effortless. You can expect your purchase to arrive promptly with appropriate packaging in perfect condition just like mine did.

Stephanie's affinity for sheepdogs grew from Bonnie, her first working dog. She has an obedience background, and also "flirts," as she says, with agility. Her breadth of experience with these varied disciplines allows her to offer a well rounded assortment of supplies to meet all needs.

Shelly Parker, my long-time friend, is one of Stephanie's mentors who continues to provide guidance even while Stephanie has moved on to offer teaching and training on her own. I first met Stephanie through Shelly at a dog trial and was impressed with how well she handled her dogs even though she was relatively new to the sport at the time.

Her young dog, Tam, has qualified numerous times for the USBCHA Natonal Nursery finals. One of Stephanie's goals is to qualify for the USBCHA National Finals in the Open division, and make the final round. After watching her compete on more than one occassion, it won't be long.

Stephanie's webstore offers a wide variety of supplies from shepherd's whistles and crooks to homemade dog treats to clothing, dog care items, and toys. In this picture I am holding the
training stick I received from Operation Sheepdog Herding. It is made from carbon fiber with a golf club grip, so it feels good in your hand. These things are handy, quite strong and so lightweight that I don't mind carrying them through an entire session with all my dogs.

Stephanie Summers is a nice person, a good hand with a dog, and a dedicated sheepdog supporter. Please visit her store and have a look around. I did, and I liked what I saw. It's nice to have all the supplies I need in one place distributed by someone I know and trust.

No comments:

Post a Comment