The Real Time Canine II

After spending 2 years writing the Real Time Canine, the adventure continues with The Real Time Canine II. Read along as I look for just the right puppy to continue the experience. After false starts with Tim and Jed, I am currently training young Tam, and Spot, which are both off to a strong start. Please visit the RTC II to read about training sessions as they occur.

Monday, September 20, 2010

The Clinic


Joella and her dog, Katie

While away the last couple weeks, I had the great pleasure to give a sheepdog clinic at The Strang Ranch in between the Soldier Hollow and Meeker dog trials. Held over a day and a half, we had great weather the first day, great sheep both days, a large field and big round pen to work in, and of course breathtaking beauty in all directions making it hard to concentrate. We had rain showers off and on the second day, but nothing that could dampen our spirits. We just threw on an extra layer, and stayed with it. Bridget, bless her heart, loaned me dry socks and rubber boots, because, being an optimist, I had left all my rain gear in Meeker with my RV trailer. Wishful thinking...

I just wanted to say thanks to the good folks who attended, and to the Strang family for hosting me...again. How fortunate am I to be able to call them friend. They gave me a soft bed, too much fine homecooking, (with offerings from Kit's garden,) and run of the place and sheep. The ranch manger, Max, (so nice,) even showed up with a couple dogs, then laughed the next day about the mean clinician who explained that it's always the nut at the wheel. Come on now, Max! I loved Mowgli!

No comments:

Post a Comment