The Real Time Canine II

After spending 2 years writing the Real Time Canine, the adventure continues with The Real Time Canine II. Read along as I look for just the right puppy to continue the experience. After false starts with Tim and Jed, I am currently training young Tam, and Spot, which are both off to a strong start. Please visit the RTC II to read about training sessions as they occur.

Monday, November 15, 2010

Esther's Lamb


This is my friend, Esther, with her lamb, that I named Spooky, because he was born on Halloween. Esther has always wanted sheep. In fact, she shared with me that it is a lifelong dream of hers, to be fulfilled when she takes this one home after weaning in a couple months.

My beautiful daughter, Megan moved to New Hampshire a few months ago, and I hosted her garage sale to raise money for the move. Esther and husband, David, stopped by for a look, and spotted my sheep. We three struck up a conversation about them where I explained that the ewes were bred, and I would be happy to sell them a wether-lamb when the time came.

The time came, and so did Esther to meet her baby, and here they are shown getting acquainted. Esther asked all the right questions about worming, housing, feeding, companionship, and one she felt a little embarrassed about. She explained that she would like to bathe her sheep, and would that be alright?

As well cared for as this little lamb will be, could I have hoped for a better outcome? Of course not, and it sure beats being cut and wrapped in my freezer!

No comments:

Post a Comment