The Real Time Canine II

After spending 2 years writing the Real Time Canine, the adventure continues with The Real Time Canine II. Read along as I look for just the right puppy to continue the experience. After false starts with Tim and Jed, I am currently training young Tam, and Spot, which are both off to a strong start. Please visit the RTC II to read about training sessions as they occur.

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Just Right

Right where he is supposed to be

This is Bittersweet Kep. I bought him as a puppy from Carol Campion, raised him, trained him to nursery level, and sold him to a wonderful lady, named Nancy Starkey, In Mt. Airy Maryland. It is always hard for me to sell my dogs, and I am very picky about where they go. In fact, I've made a few enemies here and there, because I wouldn't sell one of my dogs to someone when I knew I could do better by them.

I could not care less about the enemies. I care deeply for the dogs.

Nancy uses Kep on Trial and Error Acres, her purebred Blue-faced Leicster sheep farm.
Nancy trains Kep on a regular basis to help him become the very best sheepdog he can be.
Nancy trials Kep at USBCHA sanctioned sheepdog trials and has tremendous success with him there.
Nancy refers to Kep as "the big guy."
Nancy is very proud of her dog and loves him to bits.
Nancy lets Kep sleep at the foot of her bed, as shown in the picture above.

Kep is in sheepdog heaven, and I am so happy to have been a small part of that.

3 comments:

  1. when I first read "sheepdog Heaven" my heart skipped a beat! Amelia, Kep is in a wonderful place and has a good person behind him. They are a great match.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I coulden't agree more....Kep is in a great place and will always be cared for the way we take care of ours. I wish Nancy all the luck in the world with Kep
    Carson

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amelia, thank you so much for your thoughtful comments, and thank you again for making it possible for Kep to come my way. He is a wonderful dog, always a gentleman, and a talented sheepdog to boot!
    Thanks, too, to Michele and Carson for their kind remarks!

    ReplyDelete