The Real Time Canine II

After spending 2 years writing the Real Time Canine, the adventure continues with The Real Time Canine II. Read along as I look for just the right puppy to continue the experience. After false starts with Tim and Jed, I am currently training young Tam, and Spot, which are both off to a strong start. Please visit the RTC II to read about training sessions as they occur.

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Ameliaville

I have arrived. I came across from the Kelly Creek trial in Huntsville, UT, and am now encamped on the Strang Ranch for the summer. Set up near the house, I have all the comforts of home, water, power, and wifi. Add to that a world class view of 13,000 foot Mt. Sopris, gorgeous pastoral vistas in every direction, a copse of pines outside my front door, exceptionally good company, horses to ride, sheep with which to train dogs, and what I really have is a once in a liftime summer home. Thank you Strang family. Your kindness and generosity are timely blessings in my life.


Ameliaville
I banked out of the mountains around Huntsville, Utah yesterday landing on the hard-pan, desert town of Green River where temps hovered around 99 degrees. Good road, Hwy. 6 saved me having to go all the way to I-70, so I set the cruise control on fuel-conversation and shimmered through the heat like a mirage. At Grand Junction, I could see thunderheads in the distance, but there was no respite for a while yet. We caught up to them in Glenwood, and just as I pulled onto the ranch down came some big fat rain drops.


The view from Ameliaville
So, here I am. Rested, repaired and ready for a nice long summer. In two weeks we go to Nicomodes, and in the mean time I'll be right here teaching lessons and training my own dogs on fresh white-faced ewes obtained for that purpose. Welcome to Ameliaville.

No comments:

Post a Comment