The Real Time Canine II

After spending 2 years writing the Real Time Canine, the adventure continues with The Real Time Canine II. Read along as I look for just the right puppy to continue the experience. After false starts with Tim and Jed, I am currently training young Tam, and Spot, which are both off to a strong start. Please visit the RTC II to read about training sessions as they occur.

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Here's an Idea...


Every once in a while something comes along that makes me change my mind. I tend towards the tried and true. I'm conservative, and I really don't like change at all. My dogs have been wearing the same collars for years. For always, actually.  The leather ones with riveted, brass ID tags. I've never tried any other type of collar. That is, however, until I came across these at the Dog Bark Collar Store.

I have the blue one. You should see it on Spottie. I think it sets off his eyes. These collars are made from poly-coated nylon webbing and they're soft, smooth and comfortable in my hand. Leather collars are stiff when you first put them on, and I almost feel sorry for the dogs when they're new. My new collar is impervious to odor. No more collars that look and smell like sheep poop! And they are absolutely water proof, which is a nice feature for a bunch of soppin' wet Border Collies.

These collars are soft and flexible, and because the stainless steel identification tag hooks into the collar instead of attached by rivets, they fit gently around my dog's neck. And you can choose different fonts for the tag. I love that!

Nobody's perfect, though, right? Neither these collars. The ring used to attach a leash hangs perpendicular to the collar instead of being hooked into it like the ID tag. My only complaint, and not enough reason to pass on these. Did I mention the leashes? They. are. beautiful... come in matching colors and 4 or 6 foot lenghts. Wonderful!



I like them! They're pretty, and you know what? I like that too. I'm going to get a few more in different colors. I'm changing, trying something different, shakin' things up. Who knows, you might even see me with a different hairdo one day. The severe ponytail  might have outlived its' usefulness. Try these great collars. Buy several! Accessorize. Yup, that's right...I'm swinging out, and you should too.

No comments:

Post a Comment