The Real Time Canine II

After spending 2 years writing the Real Time Canine, the adventure continues with The Real Time Canine II. Read along as I look for just the right puppy to continue the experience. After false starts with Tim and Jed, I am currently training young Tam, and Spot, which are both off to a strong start. Please visit the RTC II to read about training sessions as they occur.

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Training Days

Schedule permitting, I am offering independent training days in the field shown in the picture above. It's near my home in Valley Center, CA and was the location of the Valley Center Western Days Sheepdog Trial. The field approximates 40 acres, with a little slope and roll and can accomodate a 400 yard outrun.
You can work independently, or I can hold sheep for you and I can set up a double lift. The cost is $25 per half hour, per person and you can work as many dogs as you want to during your time. We start at 6 am on a first-come, first-serve basis. This has been a huge success with people coming from all over to train their dogs in a nice field on good sheep.
I have created a distribution list and send emails to notify folks when I'm available at this field. Please email me to be added to that list.
Thanks to Ann Croft for the beautiful photo of her good dog, Kerales Kit.

No comments:

Post a Comment