The Real Time Canine II

After spending 2 years writing the Real Time Canine, the adventure continues with The Real Time Canine II. Read along as I look for just the right puppy to continue the experience. After false starts with Tim and Jed, I am currently training young Tam, and Spot, which are both off to a strong start. Please visit the RTC II to read about training sessions as they occur.

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Please welcome Kensmuir Star and The Real Time Canine

It's puppy time here at BorderSmith Stockdogs. I brought Kensmuir Star home from the airport today after a 5 hour flight from Minneapolis/St. Paul and his former home with Bill Gary and Mary Sullivan in River Falls, Wisconsin. I met him at NorthWest Airlines Cargo where he was happily chewing on his crate and anxious to get out. After a short walk and a really long pee, he had a drink and a snack and we drove home while he gnawed on my arm. Well bred, this pup is a grandson of Julie Simpson's ##Moss and Derek Scrimgeour's Ben and I have high hopes for him.

I will be chronicalling Star's progress in a weekly newsletter called The Real Time Canine that you can subscribe to. Each week I'll take photos, document Star's lessons and email it to you on Sunday. You can learn by example in words and pictures how I raise a well mannered pup and how I train a sheepdog from the very beginning.

Star's first lessons began today when he wore a collar and walked on a lead for the first time. We've begun crate training as well and as I write this he's playing independently and having a great time. I invite you to join me and Star on his journey from puppyhood through training to success as a sheepdog. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment