The Real Time Canine II

After spending 2 years writing the Real Time Canine, the adventure continues with The Real Time Canine II. Read along as I look for just the right puppy to continue the experience. After false starts with Tim and Jed, I am currently training young Tam, and Spot, which are both off to a strong start. Please visit the RTC II to read about training sessions as they occur.

Friday, March 20, 2009

The first day of Spring and I'm easily distracted

I went to work dogs today in the big field and in spite of uncommonly gorgeous conditions, or maybe because of them, I got distracted by the silliest thing. This is what the field looks like during this brilliant time of year known as Spring in San Diego. It was warm and breezy, but without too much of either, and of course there is lush grass underfoot and sparkling wildflowers everywhere.

Being the only one of my four dogs that requires actual training, Mirk got most of my attention. This time last year I felt like, with him, that I was pushing a dead horse uphill. Now we're a team and he flanks beautifully while taking my softest whistles. He is so willing, so happy to be at work.

Star man, not having started on stock yet, mostly hangs out. Given the opportunity, he hangs out close to Mirk, the object of his affection.
Mirk is one of those rare border collies that only likes water in moderation.
This is Laddie, the water bufflao, and his idea of weave poles.
So exactly what was so distracting that I took time away from working these amazing creatures that give me nothing but unconditional love and self-sacrificing devotion and wish only to spend time beside me, outdoors enjoying the extraordinary day?
This is a 90 second vid of tadpoles in Moosa Creek. To enjoy them like I did, please turn up your volume and listen to the creek and the birds. Happy Spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment