The Real Time Canine II

After spending 2 years writing the Real Time Canine, the adventure continues with The Real Time Canine II. Read along as I look for just the right puppy to continue the experience. After false starts with Tim and Jed, I am currently training young Tam, and Spot, which are both off to a strong start. Please visit the RTC II to read about training sessions as they occur.

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Enough already!

The more I know, the more incensed I become. It's not enough for the AKC to cause wretched suffering in dogs by virtue of their whimsical breed standards, they are funding their whimsy on the backs of innocent dogs. The puppies in these videos are bred for the "retail sector."

That's the same "sector" the AKC Chairman, Ron Menaker, referenced in his September, 2008 Chariman's Report where he states:

"Management has been directed by the Board to aggressively pursue all dogs eligible for AKC registration. We intend to reach out, communicate, and educate those in the retail sector as to why an AKC puppy is the gold standard and why they should be registered with American Kennel Club."

So, where does the "retail sector" get those "gold standard," AKC registered puppies? Have a look at the ABC Nightline expose'.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, sickening, evil, diabolical, nasty, cruel, abusive. I don't have enough words, but I'll use what I have to voice my objections and do what I can to stop these selfish, reprehensible individuals. Here's the definition of unconscionable; Morally unacceptable. Perfect

    ReplyDelete