The Real Time Canine II

After spending 2 years writing the Real Time Canine, the adventure continues with The Real Time Canine II. Read along as I look for just the right puppy to continue the experience. After false starts with Tim and Jed, I am currently training young Tam, and Spot, which are both off to a strong start. Please visit the RTC II to read about training sessions as they occur.

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Fat boy and the damage done

After I loaded my sheep in the horse trailer to go work dogs in the big field, I left the gate into the horse pen open...again. In the picture above you see the damage left by my adorable American Quarter Horse, Alley Cat, aka Alley, Albert, Al and Come on damnit! When I got home and as I came up the driveway, the scene was Alley standing on the now flattened lid to the grain bin with his head deep inside. I drive a diesel truck, and it's loud. Alley didn't wiggle as I approached. He knows a good thing when he has it, and what was I going to do about it now anyway? Huh? What?

Surveying the damage, I could see that he came out of the horse pen and made a bee line for the hay. He shredded half a bale, then nosed into the grain and that's where he stayed. It appears that he lingered a while on the hay, so I'm not worried about how much grain he inhaled. We weren't gone that long, and from experience, I can tell you that ol' Alley Cat has a fairly strong constitution.
As I was cleaning up the mess, Al sauntered up from the bottom of the pasture anticipating dinner. Yeah right! Fuggetaboudit Fat Boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment