The Real Time Canine II

After spending 2 years writing the Real Time Canine, the adventure continues with The Real Time Canine II. Read along as I look for just the right puppy to continue the experience. After false starts with Tim and Jed, I am currently training young Tam, and Spot, which are both off to a strong start. Please visit the RTC II to read about training sessions as they occur.

Sunday, November 1, 2009

More from The Strang Ranch

How can I not continue to post about a place that is this beautiful? I mean, come on, blue skies, herioc mountain vistas, verdant pasture, clean air and happy people. What's not to be happy about when you're visiting heaven on earth? So, here's a few more pictures from my trip out West to Colorado and the Strang Ranch Sheepdog Trial. I live in Southern California, so we all know that it is actually East for me, but it's just so very western there that it's impossible for me to phrase it any differently.
The Strang family was our host and in this photo we see niece and cousin, Ellen Nieslanik with her good dog, Pete standing beside Jim Swift and Molly. Ellen is chairman of the Meeker Sheepdog Championship trial committee and works hard all year long to bring us one of the most well-run, popular, challenging and long-running dog trials in the country. Meeker has been competed for over 20 years. 2009 Chairman of the American Border Collie Association, Jim Swift labors with other board members to serve and protect the Border Collie breed as a working dog in addition to being a top handler.

After my last post and the tragic puppy mill video, I thought I would lighten the mood with this one:

Sheep Dog Trials from Charlie Westerman on Vimeo.

I did not have the pleasure to meet Charlie Westerman, nor was I aware that he was filming during the trial, but I'm so glad he did. What a funny man and he gets my vote for best picture, best editing, best score and, of course, best casting of a comedic female lead. Just one question; do I always walk like that? I do? What about the voice? The voice, do I always sing when I talk? Right-y-oh? For heaven's sake, why didn't someone tell me? You...you did tell me? Well, I'm blaming it on the altitude. I'm sure it was the altitude...slips off quietly to rehearse.

2 comments:

  1. That video is such a riot!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Diane, didn't he do a great job? Charlie Westerman is a professional photographer, but this was his first-ever video.

    ReplyDelete