The Real Time Canine II

After spending 2 years writing the Real Time Canine, the adventure continues with The Real Time Canine II. Read along as I look for just the right puppy to continue the experience. After false starts with Tim and Jed, I am currently training young Tam, and Spot, which are both off to a strong start. Please visit the RTC II to read about training sessions as they occur.

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Like Mike?



That is Michael Jordan on the left, basketball star supreme, he of multiple, national championships, player titles, gazillion dollar endorsement contracts, and one of the most adored professional athletes of all time. Below is my young nursury dog, Kensmuir Star, and would you look at that! The two have something in common.

I was not aware of Michael's propensity to wag, but I have giggled at Star's lolling tongue on many occasions. After watching Star work one day, my friends David and Angie told me about Mr. Jordan and I immediately began to see the similarities between this world famous pitchman ball player and my dog. David sent me the picture to make his point.

Well, they're both black, right? I mean Star has some highlights, but black but he is predominantly black. And look at those legs would you? They're both all about the motion and intensity and they've both got great pins. Except for Star's panting, neither extrudes their tongue except while working, and for all I know Mr. Jordan may pant with his tongue out too. You can bet I'll ask him that question the very first time I see him. Star isn't exactly a national champion, but he did win the first dog trial in which he was entered, and his name clearly hints at greatness. There are no gazillion-dollar endorsement contracts inked in Star's name, but Purina might call...it could happen.

Star doesn't make his living with a ball, but sheep have bounced. I've seen it. Michael's living conditions would surely be superior to little Starman's, but Star is clean, dry and shady, and what more can you ask for, really? Michael has surely been featured on more than one Wheaties box, but Star has his own blog and he's got fans out there. I'm sure Michael looks great in those Hanes underwear he's always pitching, but what screams "I'm hot" louder than a sexy, leather dog collar with your name on it?

Boy all you have to do is look beyond those protruding tongues, and the similarities between Michael Jordan, and Kensmuir Star really jump out at you. Hold the phone. Oh...excuse me. I have to take this call. It might be Larry King.

No comments:

Post a Comment