The Real Time Canine II

After spending 2 years writing the Real Time Canine, the adventure continues with The Real Time Canine II. Read along as I look for just the right puppy to continue the experience. After false starts with Tim and Jed, I am currently training young Tam, and Spot, which are both off to a strong start. Please visit the RTC II to read about training sessions as they occur.

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

That Kind of Day

I realize that compared to most of the country, I am truly blessed in the weather department. None the less, there are days during the holiday season when I think of a warm fire, and a hot toddy. Today is one of those days, overcast, gray, and chilly with a light, cool breeze. Normally, perfect weather for working dogs, but today I am laid up with a sore back, and considering my options. I went to my old friend, the internet, and here's what I came up with.


...and this recipe for a Hot Ginger Old Fashioned from Karin at Paper Route Designs:


1 curl of orange zest (Use a vegetable peeler to remove a strip)

1 slice of fresh ginger, peeled

1 T maple syrup

1 oz whiskey

1 oz dark rum

hot water

In an oversized Christmas mug that feels good in your hand, muddle together the orange zest, ginger and maple syrup (You could also use simple syrup or brown sugar if you don’t have/like maple syrup). Crush up the ginger and orange peel to release their flavors. Add the booze. Top off with hot water and give it a quick stir. Just the aroma is enough to make the effort worthwhile.

Happy season!

No comments:

Post a Comment