The Real Time Canine II

After spending 2 years writing the Real Time Canine, the adventure continues with The Real Time Canine II. Read along as I look for just the right puppy to continue the experience. After false starts with Tim and Jed, I am currently training young Tam, and Spot, which are both off to a strong start. Please visit the RTC II to read about training sessions as they occur.

Thursday, April 7, 2011

I Love Caps


I love hats, I love the 2011 USBCHA National Finals, and I love, love, love working Border Collies. If you do as well, then allow me to suggest that you buy one of these great looking ball caps and support all 3 at once! That's a great idea! Oh yes...yes it is.

OK, ball caps may not be your thing. There are so many ways to get involved. You can sponsor a dog, you can buy a gorgeous, framed canvas of the official finals photo, (which I took, btw,) you can volunteer, you can simply attend, or, best of all, you can do all four.

I was asked recently what might be a good job to volunteer for, and I said "parking." Normally I wouldn't say "parking," but Bernie, who handles parking at the Meeker Championship Sheepdog Trial  is in charge, and I can guarantee you a good time working with Bernie. He's very kewl.

OK, so maybe parking isn't your thing. There's many ways to volunteer. How about logistics? I don't have any idea how that job relates to a sheepdog trial, but I know the committee can help us out with that one. Concessions and hospitality are other ways to get involved and there are many more. Check it out!

The date for the greatest gathering of working Border Collies Sheepdogs in North America is the 13th through the 20th of September, to be held on the breathtakingly beautiful Strang Ranch in Carbondale, Colorado. I know that seems like a long way off, but the finals ticker on this blog says only 158 days from right now, and that seems like no time at all. We better get busy! Come on...support the finals, buy a ball cap. You know you wanna...

No comments:

Post a Comment