The Real Time Canine II

After spending 2 years writing the Real Time Canine, the adventure continues with The Real Time Canine II. Read along as I look for just the right puppy to continue the experience. After false starts with Tim and Jed, I am currently training young Tam, and Spot, which are both off to a strong start. Please visit the RTC II to read about training sessions as they occur.

Monday, January 30, 2012

Dance of the Cockleberry

Ruh-Roh

After I worked the dogs yesterday, I took them all down to the creek for a swim. Nell went in and came out like this. Cockleburrs ev-er-y-where...


...can't quite...get...it
They were in her armpits, behind her ears, under her tail


Argh!
She had 'em stuck to her feathers, between her legs, on her chest

I think...I got it
I let her work on 'em for a while before I started on the ones she couldn't reach

Nasty...li'l...buggers!
As we walked back to the truck, she pulled and pulled one after the other.

Yech!
She got all all she could reach, and, resorting to scissors, I cut out the rest when we got home

What just happened?
Nell's a Tom-Boy. If there's dirt, she finds it. If there's trouble, she starts it. Now with a few less feathers.

No comments:

Post a Comment