The Real Time Canine II

After spending 2 years writing the Real Time Canine, the adventure continues with The Real Time Canine II. Read along as I look for just the right puppy to continue the experience. After false starts with Tim and Jed, I am currently training young Tam, and Spot, which are both off to a strong start. Please visit the RTC II to read about training sessions as they occur.

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Candy Raises the Bar

How was that?
I took a couple students and went to a fun trial that Candy Kennedy put on over the weekend. She called it "Bare Bones Trial," and it was. On her farm flock in her training field, it was desigend for younger dogs, and handlers who need trial experience. It was brilliant! Here's hoping Candy and company do it again soon.


This was a no frills effort intended to be fun, low key, no pressure. Just an opportunity to put some ground under nursery dogs, and further the efforts of novice and pro-novice handlers. Unfortunately, I don't see many trials like this in my area, and I really appreciate the fact that Candy saw a need, and set about filling it.

2nd time to the post
Mandy shown here with her imported Buff, ran in the pro-novice and made a great job of gaining experience on the trial field. This exceptionally talented dog is currently serving as my 2nd open dog, in addition to capably teaching Mandy the dog-trialing ropes. She loves him, I love him. We ask a lot, and he gives us his very best every time.

Maiden voyage
Remember Star? Jan owns him now, and this was not only their first trial together, but Jan's first altogether! It was nothing short of uplifting for me to watch my friend acheive an early goal of simply going to the post, and Star do everything he could to help her find success. Were they successful? Jan and Star closed the pen gate with a good score, and just how many of us can say that about their first time? Certainly not me! These two are a perfect couple, and no one is happier about that than I am.


Dexter, (shown here with Mandy,) and I had a relaxing weekend supporting our friends from the shady sidelines. I was happy to see new faces, and make some new friends. We all started under "bare bones" circumstances, every one of us, and, like an old friend used to tell me; "you gotta crack out some time."

No comments:

Post a Comment