The Real Time Canine II

After spending 2 years writing the Real Time Canine, the adventure continues with The Real Time Canine II. Read along as I look for just the right puppy to continue the experience. After false starts with Tim and Jed, I am currently training young Tam, and Spot, which are both off to a strong start. Please visit the RTC II to read about training sessions as they occur.

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Everyone Needs One


I wish I could tell you about this little dog, or give credit to the photographer. To tell you the truth, I nabbed this off a friend's Facebook page, but how could I resist? Is this little guy irresistible, or what??? He's got a firm grip on the wheel, and that look of determination just sleighs me. Oh, sorry, couldn't resist that either.

I live in So Calif where a snow plow would slowly waste away, unused and worthless. But in New Hampshire, where my beautiful daughter lives, this is just what she needs! She was the first thing I thought of when I saw the picture. She's buried in snowfall just now.

The wall post accompanying this photo said something about the picture being sent by the foster family of another dog. And that made me think about my favorite subjects; rescue, adoption, spay and neuter. Look what you get when you save a life...overwhelming cuteness in an adorable package that loves you unconditionally. Oh, plus the exhilarating feeling of having done one of the most rewarding things of your life.  Please don't buy that puppy. Contact your local animal shelter, animal control facility, (where they kill dogs and cats every day,) or rescue group, and do the right thing.

1 comment: